Last modified on 2010-12-04 13:50:59 GMT. 0 comments. Top.
- Marbles . . . Oregon is playing for all of’em.
- Best Served Cold. . . The last two seasons the Beavers were sniffing roses going into Civil War week only to have those dreams blow away like a fart in the wind, thanks to the I5 rival, Ducks. Did you know that revenge is a dish best served cold? – well it is. The home team has won 8 of the last 10 (sound of me clearing my throat).
- Throw away the records. . . This is not just a run of the mill rivalry game, folks. This is the 114th Civil War. The Super Bowl Game for the state of Oregon. For decades, both schools wallowed in a pool of mediocrity (or much worse) and this was THEE bowl game for both programs. Fast forward to the mid-90′s (the start of the BK-era) and both programs began righting the ship…and now these are two of the most winning-est programs in the Pac-10.
- Paea. . . No, I’m not talking about a tropical fruit. I’m talking about the best Defensive Tackle in the country and the top NFL prospect at that position. Since my man found cortisone, he has been an absolute terror! Which tells me this dude has quietly been playing with some pain for a good part of the season. He was the ONLY bright spot in Palo Alto last week and he was awesome. I re-watched the game this week just to watch him work. The Cardinal, who have perhaps the best offensive line in the country behind Whiskey, had ZERO answers for him. Swim, rip, bull rush, it didn’t matter, it has all been working for him. I want you to Fox-Scope him all game (#54).
- The Spread. . . Yes, it keeps Mark Banker (Def Coordinator, OSU) up at night as we have failed to even be a speed bump against it the last two meetings, hence the L’s. Is this the best Oregon team we’ve seen? Yes, I believe it is, even better then the Dennis Dixon-led squad a couple years back due to their depth and opportunistic defense. Is this the best Beaver team we’ve seen the past three seasons? No, probably the worst. Why? Offensive line play and a lack of speed in the front seven….but you know what, I’m not counting us out.
- Vegas . . . .They have the Ducks favored by 16.5. Go ahead, take the bait. Oregon by two TDs and a FG. No problem! NOT SO GAWD DAMN FAST, MY FRIEND!! — Did you read anything I wrote above?! We are NOT going to let the Ducks come in and run over us. Besides the diarrhea game against Wazzu, where we were laxidasical and over-confident, we have been TOOF AS NAILS at home. Ask Cal. Ask USC. Reser (the Burrito) is a powerful, POWERFUL place where strange things can happen. Doubters beware!
- Prediction?. . . The Ducks start the game down 6-7 because of the arrogance of Chip Kelly going for two on the first touchdown. It comes back to haunt him as Katz hands to Quizz on a draw play on 2nd and 10 on the Duck’s 15 yard line with 38 seconds to go in the game to go ahead 35-34 and seal the biggest upset in Civil War history – and I’m talking 114 years worth!
- Gettysburg. . . That was nothing. See you at kickoff.