Illinois (+3) @ Michigan
- I don’t know how he did it, but someway, somehow, Ron Zook has turned me into an Illini fan!! FOLKS, have you seen this team?! Judging by your attendance (and their TV ratings) you haven’t.
- If you’re a football purest, you’ll love this tribe. Plenty of tough yards, clouds of dust, hidden yards, field position and lots and lots of poise is what Chief Zook preaches around the campfire each week.
- They’re only losses on the year have come via the red sweater vest, mean green and M-I-Z….all teams that were once ranked in the Top 10 at one point and all remain in the Top 15 as of today.
- I’m sorry, but I can go on for days about this unknown tribe out of the Champagne region. Redshirt Frosh, Nathan ‘hotdog’ Scheelhaase takes the snaps and leads the charge while Leshoure grinds out the tough yards.
- Oh yeah, I guess I need to mention who they’re playing. Its Michigan, I think. Wait, whats that…Illinois is GETTING points against Big (small) Blue?!
- Ok, so its in the Big House but the glaring difference in this game is defense. It’s plain and simple here. Illinois covers and wins straight up behind their defense and the aforementioned tough yards, clouds of dust, hidden yards, field position and poise….lots and lots of poise. Hey Rich-Rod, remember Little Big Horn?